ESOS Regulatory Framework

Visa and Immigration Information

International Students wishing to study in Australia are required to have a valid student visa. Some of the different visas that may apply depending on your needs are as follows:

  • Higher education visas
  • Vocational Education and Training visa
  • English language course visa
  • School Visa
  • Non-award visa
  • Professional development visas

International students are required to demonstrate and/or declare that they have genuine access to sufficient funds to be granted a Student visa. Applicants may have to demonstrate sufficient funds to cover these expenses for the first one or two years in Australia, depending on their assessment level.

You can visit for more information on applying for the right study visa. You can make an application at or we can refer you to an agent who will be able to assist you.


Visa and Citizenship office – Melbourne

  • Our Melbourne office provides services for visa and citizenship clients who have received a letter or invitation to attend pre-booked appointments..
  • If your visa is about to expire or has expired, you should go to the My visa is about to expire or has expired webpage. It is the fastest and easiest way to resolve your immigration matter.
  • Immigration and citizenship applications can be lodged and managed online through ImmiAccount.
  • If you cannot lodge your application online, complete the relevant paper application form and lodge it in accordance with the instructions on the form.
  • Progress of your application can be checked online through ImmiAccount.
  • Global visa processing times are available online.
  • If you have any enquiries contact us.

Postal address

GPO Box 241,
Melbourne Vic. 3001

Street address

2 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne Vic. 3000