International Students entering this course at ITI must meet the following entry requirements:
All international students must be at least 18 years old at the time of course application.
English Language Requirement:
Have obtained an IELTS band score of at least 5.5 – or equivalent; or 5.0 where the test score is combined with at least 10 weeks ELICOS or 4.5 where the test score is combined with at least 20 weeks.
ELICOS: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language Note – IELTS – results are valid for two years only: reference: https://support.cambridgeenglish.org/hc/en-gb/articles/202838296-How-long-are-my-results-and-certificate-valid-for-); or
Have completed a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level Training Package Qualification in Australia; or,
Have completed any Certificate III or Certificate IV in ESL or EAL from the ESL/EAL Framework (VIC).
Have completed the ELICOS Course: General English – Intermediate Level
All international students must have completed Satisfactory completion of Senior secondary school certificate (Year 12 or its equivalent) overseas qualification.
ITI will review all enrolment applications to ensure entry requirements are being met prior to acceptance into a course. As part of the enrolment process students are required to complete a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) test to ensure that the student has the ability to complete the course. This test will occur prior to course commencement and will be assessed by an authorised ITI qualified Trainer/Assessor.
Language literacy and numeracy support:
Learners will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment upon enrolment to determine their suitability for this course and to identify if additional and support is required. LLN needs of students will be taken into consideration in the delivery and assessment of this qualification. ITI uses the Australian Core Skills Framework to identify and describe an individual’s performance in any of the core skills (learning, reading, writing, oral communication, numeracy (at a point in time), so that training can be targeted to areas of need and an individual’s progress monitored over time.
A Unique Student Identifier (USI):
In addition, students, will need to provide RTO with their Unique Student Identifier number. A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference number made up of numbers and letters, unique to each student. This USI allows them to link their previous and future VET qualifications into a single authenticated transcript, through the National Vocational Education and Training Data Collection, and prevents them from losing their record. This lets them see all their training results, from all their previous providers. A USI Number will stay with the student for life and must be recorded with any nationally recognized VET course they undertake.
All overseas students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognised exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) and then, Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.