In order to be eligible for subsidised training students must satisfy two major criteria’s:
- PERSONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST; and
- PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY TEST, for either one of the following programs:
- Entitlement Full Qualification:
- Entitlement Apprenticeship and Traineeships.
- Targeted Priorities Full Qualification:
PERSONAL ELIGIBIITY TEST
In order to be eligible for Smart and Skilled Students must be able to satisfy all of the following Personal Eligibility requirements:
- Must be an Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident, a humanitarian visa holder or a New Zealand citizen, and
- be aged 15 years or older, and
- live or work in New South Wales, and
- no longer be at school.
Please note: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who do not live or work in New South Wales but live in specific defined interstate NSW border areas are eligible for government subsidised training under Smart and Skilled. Please contact Impact Training Institute’s student service providers for more information.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY TEST
For students that meet the personal eligibility requirements. You must then satisfy program eligibility requirements in order to be approved to receive subsidised training under Smart and Skilled.
- ENTITLEMENT FULL QUALIFICATIONS PROGRAM:
Is an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III qualifications only. In order to be eligible for the Entitlement full Qualification program under Smart and Skilled you must not have achieved one of the following:
- A post-school qualification achieved after turning 17 and it is either;
- A Certificate IV or above qualification, or
- A higher education qualification, or
- Any post-secondary qualification achieved overseas at any time previously,
If you hold one of the following qualifications then you are not eligible to undertake training under the Smart and Skilled Entitlement Full Qualifications Program, however you are eligible to undertake training under the following two programs dependent on your personal circumstances.
If you do not satisfy the above criteria, however you have acquired an injury or disability and you need to retrain in a new career at entry level then you are exempt from the above rule. In this case, you will need to provide evidence that the qualification is necessary as part of a program of rehabilitation and that the disability was sustained after gaining a previous post school Certificate IV or higher qualification.
Please Note: eligibility will be assessed against the highest-level post-school qualification achieved by an individual outside of school after turning 17.
- ENTITLEMENT APPRENTICESHIP AND TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM.
For qualifications approved under the Smart and Skilled qualifications list for NSW Apprenticeship and Traineeships, students may enrol into one of these courses, if they are employed, and are either a:
- NEW ENTRANT (Employed Full-time for 3 months or less or Part-Time for 12 months or less), or
- an APPRENTICE
Existing-workers in NSW are not eligible to government subsidy under any Smart and Skilled Program for the qualification that supports their traineeship
- TARGETED PRIORITIES FULL QUALIFICATION:
Targeted priorities program provides students with the opportunity to receive subsidised training at a Diploma Level at Impact Training Institute. All Individuals that have met the Personal Eligibility requirements are eligible to enrol into Targeted Priority Programs.
- PRE-VOCATIONAL AND PRE-APPRENTICESHIP:
Students who meet the personal Smart and Skilled eligibility requirements are eligible for these courses subject to funding availability.